Saturday, December 26, 2009

And this is why I hate Christmas*

Brigit: My penis hurts.
Me: That would be a trick.
Brigit: It hurts.
Me: Do you want me to look?
Brigit: No.

(Time passes, passes mostly in a fog of cold medicine and napping, which I hate, the napping not the cold medicine. The cold medicine is pretty and has good hair.)

Brigit: My bum hurts.
Me: Ok, it's time to have a look.

Do you know what I found in her pull-up? A Christmas tree needle. A fake Christmas tree needle. This never happens in April. (Ok, so in April, we find real pine needles but whatever.)

*I don't really hate Christmas. I kind of hate Christmas away from family after having 2 Christmases in a row with the sisters and cousins and grandparents. This year, I have my children calling me the most boring mom ever. Because I was, you know napping. See above re: time passing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate Christmas without you too! And M & D. It's much better with everyone around...